Returns and Exchanges
* We are currently experiencing a delay processing returns. It may take up to 4 weeks for your return to be finalized. *
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, most items purchased online at SmithsonianStore.com or from Smithsonian Catalog may be returned within 90 days.
Note: Our Masks (face coverings) are not returnable. All sales are final. Some items are made-to-order and are not eligible for returns. Please see the product detail page for details.
To return an item(s), please follow these steps:
- Place the item(s) in the condition in which it was received in its original packaging.
- Place packaged item(s) in the shipping box.
- Complete the return instructions form including your name, address, phone, email and reason for the return.
- If you received a damaged item, an incorrect or are missing an item, please call us for assistance.
- For the security of your return, we suggest shipping it by UPS or USPS and keep your tracking number.
- Include the completed return instructions form in your return package:
SI eCom Returns
1650 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30004
Returns processing may take up to 14 days. Refunds are made to the purchaser using the original method of payment. If you originally used a credit card for your purchase, your merchandise credit will appear on your card statement within 1-2 billing cycles. Shipping and gift-wrapping costs are not refundable.
If the returned items were a gift, the refund can only be credited to the purchaser. However, a gift recipient can return merchandise to exchange for another item. To exercise this option, please check the appropriate box on the back of the packing slip and follow the 5 easy return steps listed above.
For your protection, we recommend you insure your package for shipping. Additionally, please record any carrier tracking information to verify your returned merchandise reaches our correct return address.
(Unfortunately, we cannot accept returned items purchased from Smithsonian museum gift shops in Washington, D.C. Those items must be returned to the place of purchase.)
If you have more questions, or if you received your item damaged, please contact us by calling toll-free 1-800-322-0344 to speak to a customer service representative, or email us by clicking here: contact us.