This ultimate adventure-in-a-box for food lovers is part scavenger hunt, part podcast, and part food crawl. Experience 4 unique places in Washington, D.C. through the eyes of chef and humanitarian José Andrés and exchange tokens for a tasty treat at each stop. Personal audio narration by Andrés connects listeners with real food issues confronting our communities and the ways you, too, can fight for food justice.
Note: Mobile phone (not included) needed for scanning QR codes and listening to audio at each Washington, D.C. location.
* This product ships free, cannot be shipped outside the contiguous U.S., and is not eligible for promotional discounts or returns.
* This product is a limited edition, and available for purchase only until Sept. 16, 2022. Food tokens must be spent by Sept. 30, 2022.
The Anacostia Community Museum (ACM) aspires to illuminate and share the untold, and often overlooked stories of people furthest from opportunity in the Greater Washington, D.C. region.
This item ships for free and cannot be shipped outside the contiguous U.S.
- Box: 9"l. x 13"w. x 5"h.
- Adventure booklet
- Envelopes for each location with archival photos
- Branded adult baseball cap from Anacostia Community Museum
- José Andrés beard-on-a-stick
- Wooden spatula
- Tokens and gift certificate to exchange for $20 worth of food in various Washington, D.C. businesses
- VIP pass to the National Museum of the American Latino's Molina Family Gallery for a special activity
- Unique at-home cooking challenge using one of José's favorite recipes
- All kits are created and personally assembled by staff and volunteers at the Anacostia Community Museum
- Made in the USA